For security reasons, Taxxwiz does not have the ability to check the status of your refund with the IRS.

Checking the Status of a Current Year Refund

  1. Online
  2. What You Will Need
    • Social security number or ITIN
    • Your filing status
    • Your exact refund amount
  3. By Phone
    • Call 1-800-829-4477 and use the refund status option offered on the TeleTax system.
    • If you file a complete and accurate tax return and you are due a federal refund, you should receive your refund:
    • Within 2 weeks after the acknowledgment date if you file electronically, and you elect to receive your refund via Direct Deposit.
    • Within 4 weeks after the acknowledgment date if you file electronically, and you receive your refund via U.S.Mail.
    • Within 6 weeks from the date the IRS receives your return, if you file via U.S. Mail.
  4. Information regarding refunds for Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return is not available. Amended/corrected returns are processed as quickly as possible. However, it may take 8 to 12 weeks or longer to process the return. If 8 weeks have passed and you have not received your refund, call 1-800-829-1040.

Are you one of nearly half of all American taxpayers overpaying the IRS? Could you be repeating the same mistakes or overlooking deductions year after year? Taxxwiz professionals thoroughly examine each customer’s tax situation to get every deduction, credit, and tax advantage possible.

We pledge quality tax preparation coupled with premier customer service at each location. And we guarantee accuracy or your money back.

  • To get started, go to the following link (or contact your TaxxWiz ambassador) and fill out the questionnaire
  • Upload all required documents https://portal.taxxwiz.com/app/signup
  • Pay the $35 invoice and schedule your consult with the tax professional and we will give you the quote on the day of your consult!
  • Leave a review, share and tag @taxxwiz

Visit your client portal and send us a message. Our customer service team will get back to you right away!

When you get your W-2, you can have your taxes prepared right away, but the IRS will not accept them before a pre-defined date.

The standing deadline for personal taxes is April 15. However, sometimes that date falls on a weekend or after Emancipation Day (a holiday in DC) and pushes the deadline to as late as April 18.

You can request a photocopy or a computer transcript (a line-by-line listing) of the information on your filed tax return. Photocopies and transcripts are free from the IRS. If you need an actual copy (not a photocopy), then you must complete IRS Form 4506 and pay a $50 fee for your filed tax return and all related tax information, such as your Form W-2.

To get a copy of your Form W-2 or Form 1099, you should first contact your employer or financial institution.

If we used your W-2 to prepare your tax return, though, you have a couple of options:

  1. If you have a MyJH account, you can log-in and view your filed tax return including your W-2.
  2. If you don’t have a MyJH account, we recommend creating one, but you can also reach out to your local office to request a copy, if available.

You can also download Form 4506 at www.irs.gov to request a copy of the return you filed with the IRS which will include your Form W-2 or Form 1099 and other tax documents.

  • You can file an amended return to correct any errors or omissions on your original return. In some cases, you may even change filing status.
  • Using IRS Form 1040X, state the reason for filing the amended return and show the correct tax information and your original refund or balance due amount.
  • Do not attach Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ to the amended return. You must file your amended return within three years after the date you filed your original return.
  • Tax Preparers with Taxxwiz will assist taxpayers through the IRS amendment process. Just log on to your client portal and request an amendment on your return so we can get the process started.

  • If you’ve already e-filed or mailed your return to the IRS or state taxing authority, you’ll need to complete an amended return.
  • Depending on the form, you may not need to amend. Message your client portal we will assist you with the additional form.

Join the waitlist for our accelerator program!! You can join our summer cohort where  we teach every day people how to become tax entrepreneurs and earn income from the skill of taxes.

For more questions contact us via Instagram DM or your TaxxWiz client portal for more information.

It’s free! You will be given a concierge tax service with a tax professional who will consult you at the time of your scheduled consultation.

Your mortgage company should send you Form 1098 which reports the mortgage interest you paid.

The forms to prove employment may vary depending on individual situations.

For most, an employer will provide a W-2 form.

The self-employed (i.e. independent contractors, IBO/Independent Business Owners, Uber Drivers, etc.) should receive a 1099-MISC from the company.

If you received unemployment benefits from your state over the past year, you must claim that as income and, therefore, pay taxes on those benefits.

The unemployment agency should provide you with a 1099-G form, which explains the amount of benefits you drew during the past year. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) receives a copy as well and will tax you at the appropriate rate in your tax bracket. Not everyone owes. If you worked a portion of the past year, chances are you paid payroll taxes and may earn a refund if those deductions were overpaid.

TaxxWiz will file a Schedule C using IRS Form 1040.

Depending on your type of business like being a content creator, fitness trainer, or other forms of entrepreneurship there may be other forms you will need. You may also need to make quarterly estimated payments by filing Form 1040-ES, Estimated Tax for Individuals.

If filing with Taxxwiz, be sure to have all of your expenses ready so we will be able to complete your tax return!

Taking necessary steps before tax time will make things easier once you file your taxes for the first time after a divorce. Change your W-4 through your employer so taxes will be withheld at the correct rates. Also, if you (or a family member) changed your name, file Form SS-5 with the Social Security Administration to ensure there aren’t any complications with the IRS.

Yes, you can opt to pay your tax liability through an installment plan. In addition to paying taxes through an installment payment plan, there may be other options such as the Offer in Compromise (OIC). Under an OIC agreement, the IRS may agree to settle the taxpayer’s liability for less than the full amount of taxes owed. The IRS is not likely to approve an OIC if there’s evidence that the taxpayer could pay the full amount through an installment payment plan or another method. A taxpayer can request consideration for an OIC by filling out Form 656, Offer in Compromise, or Form 656L, Offer in Compromise (Doubt as to Liability), and mail the application package to the IRS.

Yes, any money which you received as a result of work is taxable income and must be reported on your tax return. Attach your W-2 showing your earnings and your taxes withheld to your tax return.

Yes, you can as long as you keep good records in case you are ever audited by the IRS. Be sure to record the name of the organization, the date and location, as well as a detailed description of what you donated. Keep notes on the amount you claimed as a deduction and how you figured the fair market value on the items you donated. In the case of a monetary donation, as long as it’s less than $250, a canceled check or even a payroll deduction can suffice for proof of the donation.

Typically, general home repairs cannot be deducted from your taxes. Home repairs are meant to keep your home in good condition, but do not increase the value of your home. However, if you live in a “federally declared disaster area” and your home is affected, then you can claim the cost to repair the damages. If you use part of your home as a principal place of business, some repairs can be deducted, but you must itemize your deductions on Schedule A.

If you owe taxes, the IRS offers several options where you can pay immediately or arrange to pay in installments:


The best way to locate your AGI is to use your previous year tax return and locate it on line 8b on from 1040. If you do not have your old tax return, you can get your AGI from one of the IRS self service tools:


Log into your client portal and send us a message and we will email you over another copy of your return!